I’m getting ready to the real arrival of spring by adjusting my eating habits. Chickpea arugula and feta cheese salad can be prepared in a few minutes and is a tasty dish that manages to reduce your sense of satiety not weigh you down.
Chickpeas are a great meat substitute in fact widely used in vegetarian cuisine. They contain many B vitamins and are rich in omega 3 that in addition to lowering bad cholesterol, can benefit the heart rhythm.
The arugula has antioxidant properties and a very fast life cycle, after sowing which is in spring can be harvested after a few weeks.
I usually try not to eat dairy products, however, I consider feta cheese good to eat, always in moderation. Obtained from sheep’s milk, a low-fat cheese, it is rich in protein and against a decent calorie intake has a good amount of calcium. The feta cheese is quite sapid, so remember not to use too much salt.
- 4 bunches arugula
- 250gr of chickpeas
- 150gr of feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- First, remember to soak the chickpeas at least 12 hours before starting the preparation of this dish. Then boil them in a pot for about an hour and a half.
- Clean, wash and dry the arugula and place in a salad bowl.
- Drain the chickpeas and let them cool, then add them to the arugula.
- Take the feta cheese and cut it into cubes and add this also in the salad.
- Dress with two tablespoons of oil, salt and a few drops of balsamic vinegar.