I love this soup! Getting colder here in Rome and I can not think of a better soup to cook. It is also very easy. Just break the tops of cauliflower, cut the potatoes, a bit of onion, broth…and you’re done!
The cauliflower soup is a light and nutritious main course, and it’s so creamy!
- 500g cauliflower
- 300g potatoes
- 2 shallots
- 800ml vegetable broth
- fennel seeds q.s.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Wash the cauliflower and divide into pieces. Wash, peel and chop the potatoes.
- Finely chop the shallots and place in lightly fry in a pan with a little oil and fennel seeds.
- Add the potatoes, cauliflower and vegetable broth. Should it be necessary add more broth from time to time.
- Cook until the cauliflower and potatoes are soft.
- Add salt and blend everything. Serve hot garnished with fennel seeds and fresh basil.