Returned from vacation, my parents gave me black summer truffle. It was the first time I’d used this ingredient, and I decided to prepare a good risotto. Risotto with black truffle is a classic recipe, perfect to prepare if we find ourselves in his hands (as happened to me) the fresh truffle. To complete the dish I decided to add the zucchini flowers that I had in the fridge, and I must say it was a great idea!
The black summer truffle is cheaper to find and has a fragrance and a milder taste. Clean only the amount of truffle you want to use right away, wrap the rest in the kitchen paper and put it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
To clean the truffle use a soft bristle brush, and brush it gently for a few seconds under running water. After clearing all the land pat well. At this point your nose is ready to be used in the recipe!
- 350gr rice
- 80gr fresh summer black truffle
- 1L of vegetable broth
- 1 white onion
- 40gr clarified butter
- 40gr parmesan cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
- First prepare the vegetable broth and let it warm.
- Chopped white onion and put in a pan with 30g of butter and a tablespoon of oil.
- Let all sauté for 1-2 minutes and add the rice.
- Toast the rice for about 2 minutes then add 2 ladles of hot vegetable broth.
- Cook over medium heat and add more broth only when the previous one has been absorbed, making sure to turn constantly so the rice does not stick to the pan.
- Grated fresh truffles and place in a saucepan with the remaining butter. Amalgamated so as to create a cream.
- Wash and chop the zucchini flowers.
- When the rice is almost ready, turn off the heat, add the cream created with truffles, parmesan cheese and the zucchini flowers and stir.
- Season with salt and pepper.