Anyone who knows me knows how much I love cocktails! When you are during the holidays, while you are with family and friends it is important to have the perfect punch recipe! Christmas punch with apple juice is a non-alcoholic hot drink, created on purpose to please all palates (of course for those who want it can add alcohol to taste :)). I like to make this punch, I like to smell the scent of spices that floods the house, and I like to cuddle with a hot drink in cold days.
The spices used in this recipe not only serve to impart aroma and flavor to the punch, but they are also a great help for our body. Fresh ginger is a warming spice, very good to eat during the winter season. The cloves have a high antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. Cinnamon besides giving that extra touch to desserts, fruit and drinks, it has always been used to fight colds and intestinal problems.
Christmas punch is really easy to prepare, with its spicy flavor and intense fragrance is something really special.
The spice dose used may be changed to your liking.
Ingredients for 3-4 mugs
- Wash the lemon and cut the peel into pieces, or powder.
- Put water in a saucepan, add the lemon zest, cinnamon, cloves and honey.
- Sliced fresh ginger and merge it to water and other spices.
- Finally, add the apple juice and bring to the boil.
- Let boil for a few minutes; turn off the heat and drain the punch by filtering it through a sieve.
Serve the punch hot. It can be stored in the refrigerator for a few days with the spices.