Yes, I am publishing yet another recipe with pasta. But let me explain, if you are not true lovers of kale, this is the recipe that will make you change your mind. Linguine with kale and almonds is a simple and tasty dish, also well, I had a surplus and had to use it as soon as possible 🙂
Watching the cabbage I thought with almonds would be a perfect match. I decided to quickly sear kale and then dip it in ice water to preserve the color and crunchiness, and all the properties that healthy foods can hold back when they are not cooked. In short kale seared and then stir-fried with ground almonds, typical of me 🙂
Kale is a vegetable rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. This plant has always been used by traditional medicine to treat sprains and inflammation, just place the leaves previously pounded directly on the sore, and secure with a bandage. The latest scientific research confirms that kale is useful in the prevention of numerous cancers.
Kale is usually cooked, but can also be added raw in salads. Having a stronger flavor than other cabbages, it only takes one fine sliced leaf, preferably dressed with oil and lemon juice.
- 300gr kale
- 320gr linguine
- 1 clove garlic
- 80gr almonds
- q.s. hot peppers
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Put water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile wash the leaves of kale and remove the toughest coasts.
- Seared kale in boiling water for 2-3 minutes, then drain the leaves with a skimmer and plunge them into a container with ice water.
- In the same water in which you boiled kale cook the linguine.
- While the pasta is cooking, chop the seared kale leaves and chopped almonds.
- Put oil, garlic and chili pepper in a saucepan and heat. Add kale and almonds.
- Drain the linguine, transfer them into the pan with the cabbage and almonds and mix well.
Serve the linguine with kale and almonds accompanied by parmesan cheese, and enjoy! 🙂