This is the season of fresh corncobs, so I brought to the table this new recipe as simple as summer. Today I thought of preparing the Baked corn on the cob with a sauce of oil, fresh chili, parsley and rosemary. They are so good! The chili (which has remained on the lips for half an hour :)) goes very well with the sweet taste of corn on the cob.
The recipe that I propose is very easy and fast enough, and you can reduce cooking time by buying pre-cooked corn on the cob, those that are easily found in supermarkets. If, on the other hand, you decide to use fresh corn on the cobs, try to choose the cobs with green leaves, those that have not yet reached full maturation. Discard those arrived to maturation, with the yellow beans, which even if cooked very well always remain slightly harder.
Corn is a caloric cereal with good energy power, therefore suitable for those who must recover after an illness. It is rich in fiber, vitamins and iron. Corn is therefore an excellent food, and is also used in herbal medicine to obtain products that combat diabetes.
Corn is available on the market in various forms and it is therefore possible to obtain different dishes, from the appetizer, to the first, to the side, to the second, to the dessert. If you do not want to use the oven, cook the cobs as you prefer, and sprinkle with the spicy oil 🙂
- 2 corncobs
- 30ml of oil
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon of rosemary
- Wash and blanch the cobs with all the leaves starting from cold water, and then calculating 20-25 minutes from when the boil resumes.
- Add the oil, salt, pepper, fresh chopped pepper, parsley, rosemary and left aside.
- Drain the cobs, pull back the leaves and remove the beards. At this point, spray them with the oil emulsion.
- Cover the cobs with the leaves and bake at 190 degrees for 25 minutes.