Today so out of nowhere came to my mind that I had never yet prepared and posted any hummus recipe. Coincidence wants that I had these beautiful black chickpeas in the pantry, and so here is the black chickpeas Hummus.
I think that chickpea hummus is one of the best known Middle Eastern sauces. A tasty preparation to taste accompanied with bread or raw vegetables. The main ingredient is chickpeas that are boiled then crushed or smoothies until a smooth cream is obtained. In addition to traditional hummus there are numerous variations with ingredients that tend to give a different color and flavor.
Black chickpeas are distinguished from traditional chickpeas not only by coloring, but also smaller in size. Slightly different also for nutritional values, since the black chickpeas contain three times the quantity of white chickpea fibers. They also have a higher concentration of iron. They are usually used for soups, or to accompany first courses.
It is not easy to find boiled black chickpeas, but in organic food stores you can certainly find dried chickpeas.
If you have chickpeas already cooked and the tahina sauce ready it takes really 5 minutes to bring your hummus to the table. I made tahina sauce at home, but if you want to buy it I recommend this one.
Ingredients for the tahina sauce
- 100gr sesame seeds
- 30gr sunflower oil
- 300gr of dried black chickpeas
- tahina sauce
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic
- Boil the chickpeas according to the instructions on the package. Once cooked let cool and keep aside their cooking water.
- Meanwhile, prepare the tahina sauce. Toasted the sesame seeds. Once roasted, add the sunflower seed oil and blend until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Put the cooked chickpeas, tahini sauce, garlic clove, lemon juice, pepper, salt and shakes in the mixer. If the mixture is too compact add the cooking water of the chickpeas until you get a consistency that satisfies you.
- Serve the black chickpea hummus with a sprinkling of paprika, parsley and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.