The recipe for leek rolls with lentils is a goodness to be enjoyed as a main course or as an appetizer. The idea was born peeking on the web, I saw these recipes of rolls and I wanted to try to make my own version. The leeks are usually seen in the kitchen as a marginal ingredient, to be used for sautéed soups, in fact their delicate taste is also very well suited to dishes where the leek itself is the protagonist. In fact they are extremely versatile vegetables, excellent also cooked as a side dish especially in the oven. In this way you will have a tasty dish in a short time and with the minimum effort 🙂
Leeks are not among the most inviting vegetables, at least cooked I mean, but baked with a good filling of legumes, here they become a tasty dish. Moreover, leek is a very healthy vegetable, it is diuretic, detoxifying and provides a good number of fibers, vitamins and minerals. Most of these properties are contained in the green leaves and in the more external hard, which are usually eliminated. In order not to lose all these substances with the green leaves you can cook some vegetable broth, while the outer ones are perfect for this recipe of leek rolls 🙂
For a more determined taste you can put spices to taste, or you can opt for a different consistency by reducing the lentils in cream.
If you like leek, look at my recipe of brown rice with leeks, curry and sesame.
- 350gr of lentils
- 4 leeks
- 3 carrots
- 8gr of fresh ginger
- sage leaves q.b.
- chili pepper
- First cook the lentils according to the instructions on the package.
- Remove the green parts and the roots, rinse the leeks under running water.
- Immerse them in boiling water for 3-4 minutes to soften them, then put them in a bowl with ice.
- Once cool, remove the outer sheaths (the hardest) that we will use as wraps for our rolls. Cut into slices the rest of the leeks that we will use for the filling.
- In a pan brown the rest of the leeks with the chili pepper, the diced ginger and the diced carrots.
- Add the cooked lentils, season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Finally add the chopped sage leaves and let it cool.
- Once the filling is cold, dry the sheaths well and fill them with the mix of lentils. Bake at 160 degrees for 20 minutes.