Today I want to offer you an extremely easy, fast and very customizable recipe. Amaranth and oat bars are ideal to start the day to the fullest, or as a snack to take with you. There are many on the market: with or without sugar, dried or fresh fruit, with chocolate etc … but as I like to always say we are what we eat, so it is always better to try to prepare them at home rather than buy them.
I simply used what I already had at home: amaranth, oat flakes, pistachios, berry mix and dehydrated coconut. If you want to prepare them but you are missing some ingredients, you can safely replace the ingredients with the ones you have or the most you like. Space to your imagination! 🙂 My idea for this recipe was to say stop to waste, and then use all the advanced ingredients.
For the amaranth and oatmeal bars I used the amaranth I had in the pantry, but if you want to skip a few steps you can directly use the blown amaranth.
Once prepared, the bars are stored for about 5-6 days in a glass container.
Ingredients for 10-12 bars
- 100g of amaranth
- 60gr of oat flakes
- 20gr of coconut flakes
- 10gr of pistachios
- 25gr of raisins, goji berries and cranberries mix
- 100g of maple or agave syrup
- First you have to blow the amaranth. Take a pot with high sides, place it on top of the fire and after 4-5 min pour a tablespoon of amaranth. When the beans start to crackle, shake the pot a little and turn them into a bowl. Repeat the operation for all 100g of amaranth.
- Add the oatmeal, coconut, chopped pistachios, the mix of berries and mix into the bowl.
- Melt the maple syrup over low heat and add it to the mixture of amaranth and oats. Stir to mix well.
- Pour into a 22×34 pan lined with parchment paper, level the surface and bake at 160 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Once ready let it cool for 15 minutes before cutting it into bars.