A colorful and very fragrant recipe, turmeric rice with beetroot, shallots and carrots is perfect to celebrate the beginning of spring. Oh yes, here the days are getting more and more beautiful and warm, so beautiful that when I cook all the flavors are even more intense.
The recipe is very simple to prepare, the tubers go into the oven and basmati rice takes very little to cook. I used the tubers I already had in the fridge, obviously as always space for your imagination with the addition of turnips, radishes, cassava, daikon etc …
Tubers are important foods that can enrich our diet and cuisine. They are edible roots in which the plant contains all the micronutrients essential for the growth of the stem. Eating these roots means getting lots of vitamins and minerals we need.
I added a tablespoon of soy yogurt to dissolve the sweet note of beets and carrots. You can choose any other sauce to accompany your rice 🙂
- 160gr of basmati rice
- 2 raw medium beets
- 4 carrots
- 4 shallots
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric
- parsley q.b.
- vegetable yogurt
- First, bring the water to boil. This will serve us to cook rice.
- Peel the beets and carrots, rinse them under running water and cut them into large pieces. Peel the shallots and cut them in half.
- Put everything on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Add a little oil, salt, pepper and cook at 180 ° for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile put a tablespoon of oil to heat in a pan with turmeric. Add the basmati rice and mix well. Cover the rice with hot water and cook according to the directions on the package.
- Serve turmeric rice with beetroot, shallots and carrots accompanied by soy yogurt and parsley.