Even the weather is not helping us much, with the strawberry muffins I wanted to welcome spring. I think there is no better dessert to do it 🙂
These muffins are prepared in a very short time, and are delicious with their strawberry filling which makes them soft and moist at the right point.
When I was younger my passion was sweets and desserts, then over time I abandoned them preferring to cook savory recipes. Today, however, with all the strawberries I had in the fridge, I had really wanted to eat muffins.
Strawberries are one of the most famous fruits of spring and have many properties. They are diuretic, refreshing and purifying. They are rich in phosphorus, iron, calcium and vitamins. They are low in calories and rich in fiber and have a good satiating power, which is why they are often introduced into low-calorie diets.
If you too like me have too many strawberries in the fridge, take advantage of them by cooking this recipe, perfect for breakfast or as a snack 🙂
- Preheat oven to 180 °.
- Wash and cut the strawberries into small pieces.
- In a bowl sift the flour with the baking powder. Add the sugar, the poppy seeds, the grated peel of half a lemon and the strawberries (leave some for decoration).
- In another bowl mix the milk with the eggs and the oil. Then add this mixture to the flour and strawberries.
- Mix everything gently, distribute the mixture in the baking cups and decorate with other poppy seeds and the advanced strawberries. Bake at 180 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Take the muffins out of the oven and let them cool before eating them.